Sunday, February 27, 2011

3rd Rail


So I ended up growing a pair after all and entering in the 3rd Rail Jam. Took me all morning to talk myself into it, but I'm so glad I did! I didn't win, but I thought I did pretty damn good. I did more technical tricks than the girl that won, but she went for one of the advanced features at the bottom, and even though she fell, she still got a higher score because she went for it. I should have went for it and now I'm kicking myself in the ass for not trying it at least once.

I was so nervous that I wanted to throw up the whole morning. Once I got up there and did a couple practice runs the jitters went away though. I'm glad I've experienced the whole competition scene now, so next year I'll definitely do more of them! One thing I need to remember though - less speed checking! Ha.

I also really need to get a helmet! I didn't realize till after I registered that helmets were required, and I don't have one! Luckily, one of my friends let me borrow one. I guess I need to start wearing one anyways. Never know when it might save your life I suppose! I've got my eye on the RED Hi-Fi in Electric Blue. Now all I need to do is save up some cash and go get one!

If anybody wants to send me one of these, just ask for my address! haha.








No comments:

Post a Comment