Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Little Bit of Everything

Ok, so now I'm seriously slacking. I can't believe it's almost been a month since my last post. I never imagined my summer would be so hectic and awesome at the same time! Here's a quick recap of the past month! :) Oh, and this is a photo overload post, so get ready!

We went on another heli trip to shred Sheep Mountain for the second time. This time the weather was in our favor and it was sunny and hot, yes HOT! I got one hell of a sunburn since I wore a t-shirt pretty much the entire time. The views were out of this world, the heli ride was awesome, the snow was super good, and the crew we were with rocked as always! The hike out was fun, even the bushwhacking through groves of devil's club. Ouch. Being able to snowboard, much less take a heli trip to shred in JUNE is something I never thought I would have the chance to do! I would repeat that day in a heartbeat if I could!

*all photos in this post were taken by me unless otherwise noted*

Photo Copyright Bill Glude



Photo Copyright Bill Glude
Photo Copyright Bill Glude
Photo Copyright Bill Glude

I've also had some breathtaking experiences out on the water at work. Working on a boat is awesome! Here are a few shots from the past few weeks.

Photo by Lukas Baumgaertel

Photo by Lukas Baumgaertel

And we rode our bikes out to Herbert glacier a couple weeks ago. Fun bike ride to a beautiful place.

Photo by Lukas Baumgaertel

Photo by Lukas Baumgaertel

And a few other random photos...
An eagle and a cruise ship...
Beautiful sunset from Sandy Beach

Feel the rainbow! 
Dustin and I a bit past Sandy Beach
Playing in the pillars...
Some friends came to Juneau on a cruise...
this was from the beach as they departed on the Island Princess!
Testing out the Eno hammock I got Dustin for his birthday at Sandy Beach.

What a truly great summer it has been so far. Dustin is loving his job at Eaglecrest, and I'm in love with working on a boat! Allen Marine has been fantastic. I've learned so much over the past couple months, and I'm learning something new every day. The wildlife has been outta this world. Orcas breaching, humpback whales breaching and bubble net feeding, brown bears, harbor seals, steller sea lions, dalls porpoises, harbor porpoises, a million eagles, the occasional sea otter, salmon jumping from the water... wow, where do I even begin to express how stoked I am?! 

In the 5 minutes I've spend typing that last paragraph, I've watched 4 sea planes fly by, and a cruise ship departing Juneau. I still can't take my eyes off the ships going by. So glad to have such a good view from my couch!

The longest day of the year has came and passed, so now we'll be slowly losing daylight until December 21st. Waking up with it starting to get light out at 2am is a bit odd, but I'm starting to get pretty used to it. My mom and stepdad are coming to visit me at the end of July! I'm so excited to show them how awesome Alaska is... they might just stay forever! I miss my friends and family back in Tennessee and North Carolina, but this place is feeling a little more like home every day. I wish I could teleport everyone to AK to visit me! Hopefully I'll have some other visitors sooner rather than later. 

Enough rambling... until next time!

*Peace*

No comments:

Post a Comment