Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fresh Kicks // Glitter Water

So Friday evening we met up with some friends out the road for a night of camping fun. Oh boy did we have fun! I decided to bring some whiskey as an early birthday celebration drink, and I think I had a little TOO much fun. We were lucky enough to see bioluminescence in the water. If you don't know what that is, just google it. It's awesome. The water was literally glowing with plankton that gives off a blue-ish light show. Our friends dog was splashing around, and underneath him was a cloud of light. We could walk through the water and kick it around and see what looked like blue glitter lighting up the night. It was pretty rad.

Camping was a blast. Humpback whales surprised us close to shore, and we could hear their blows close by in the wee morning hours. Otters, sea lions, and eagles were a usual sighting. Good friends and a campfire always makes for a good night!
 

Today I had an impulse buy... some new kicks! I've been wanting these shoes for a while, and today when we were in Sequence Boardshop, I said what the hell and bought them.


No comments:

Post a Comment