Saturday, January 2, 2010

Update

Cheers to a new year, new friends, and new experiences. It's been a while since I've blogged so I figured I'd let everyone know what's happenin' on the mountain!

A couple weeks into the season I took a spill on the rainbow box and banged my shin up pretty good. I can still ride, but I'm holding off on any park riding until it gets a little better. Don't wanna risk making it worse.

Holiday season has come and almost gone. Beech has been SUPER busy and as a result ski school has sold a ton of lessons, which is good for me because that means $$$! I'm saving up to take my AASI Level 1 in February. Maybe after I get that 'certification' then Dustin and I can close the season out at a different mountain.

Weather has been very cooperative this season so far. We got dumped on and mother nature left us with a couple feet of powder. The temps have remained below freezing for the most part since that storm so we still have a ton of snow everywhere, plus it snowed a few inches last night :) I love snow. Just not subzero temperatures.

The 3rd Rail Jam is coming back on Jan 23rd, so if you're in the area, swing by Beech Mountain Resort and check out the fun festivities!

1 comment:

  1. Hope your shin feels better!! I had shin splints in November so I kind of know where you're coming from!!

    And good luck getting your certs!!! More money is always good!

    ReplyDelete