Monday, September 20, 2010

10/11 Season Goals

Everyone has a list. A list of what they want to achieve during the season. Goals are important in snowboarding. If you don't set goals for yourself, you will never push yourself and reach the next level. My goal last season was to get more comfortable on boxes and finally hit a rail.

By the end of the season, I was totally comfortable with board slides, nose slides, tail slides, and tail presses on boxes, with an occasional 180 off. I hit a rail for the first time... and actual rail. Not a piece of metal an inch off the ground... a battleship rail! Most people start with flat rails, but for me? Nah, I wanted to show that battleship who was boss! Everyone was making it look so easy, so I grew a pair and decided to just do it one day... and guess what... I rocked it!

Every time I do a new trick, I always think "Wow! That was easy! Why was I so scared?!" I know I'm capable of anything. That's how you gotta think if you ever want to DO anything. By the end of the season, rails seemed WAY less intimidating to me. I felt comfortable on a flat rail, double barrel rail, battleship rail, and a flat-down-flat rail.

Here's my goals for next season:

- throw 360's front and backside off a jump
- throw big stylish 180's with grabs off a jump
- 180 on and off boxes comfortably
- get more comfortable on rails and
be able to do at least 5 different
tricks on rails (also boxes)
- NOT get hurt!!


Those seem like pretty reasonable, and achievable, goals to me. We shall see!!!

What are your goals for the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment