Sunday, November 10, 2013

Here We Go Again...

FYI - this post is just me rambling about fitness goals. Proceed at your own risk. :)
A couple years ago I attempted P90X three different times... and I successfully completed it only once. Things happened and life got in the way the other two times. Well, I'm back at it and more determined than ever. Today I completed day one of the workout. I'm sure everyone has heard of P90X, but in case you haven't, this home workout kicks your ass for about an hour a day for 90 days incorporating the theory of muscle confusion to keep your body from the dreaded 'plateau'. It does work, for me anyways. The one time I did complete it I noticed a drastic difference. I didn't lose that much weight according to the scale, but I lost inches and gained lots of muscle, stamina, and endurance. That's my goal. I could give a shit less about what the scale says. As long as I'm fit and healthy, that's all that matters. 

Since I'm a snowboard instructor in the winter, being in shape is critical. If you're not in shape, your body can't take those tumbles quite as well and the soreness will stay for days, not to mention it hinders your ability to push your riding to the next level. I know I'm a bit late starting this workout since the shred season is only a month away, and sooner if I hike and ride, which is a definite :) Even one month into it I'll be able to tell a difference. I haven't decided if I'm going to try to do the workout in the mornings or evenings, but I find mornings are usually best since it wakes me up and I'm not worrying about finding time to do it after work. Before, I incorporated some extra cardio 2-3 days a week by running a couple miles a day, but that was back last summer when I was on Beech and worked mainly in the evenings. Even if I can't get that extra cardio in, I'm not worried. I'm just going to do it the best I can and whatever happens, happens. My plan is to use my juicer more, replacing at least once meal a day with juice, cutting back on sugar, bread, red meat, and chicken (unless it's organic) and eating more fruits, veggies, and fresh, wild-caught seafood. 

Enough with my workout ramblings. If you read it, awesome! I'll be posting weekly updates as the workout continues. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment