Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Legend...


Today would've been Bob Marley's birthday. Just imagine how much more peaceful and wonderful this world would be if more people took his advice. Bob Marley was a legend, and continues to be. I'm not a huge reggae fan, but I do like listening to his songs and the message they give. 
Peace, love, harmony, unity. 

ONE LOVE.

Here are a few of my favorite Bob Marley quotes:

"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." 

"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet."

"Baby don't worry about a thing, because every little thing gonna be alright."

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds."

"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the rut, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live!"

"One good thing about music - when it hits you, you feel no pain."

"When one door is closed, don't you know, another is open."

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively."

"Open your eyes and look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?"


I'm sitting here listening to 'Could You Be Loved' and it's got me feeling so good. Do this legend a favor and play a song in his honor today. But don't just play the song. Listen, truly listen to the music... the rhythm, lyrics, vibe... listen with your soul, not just your ears. I bet it will make your bones feel good :)

Rest in peace, Bob. You will never be forgotten.



No comments:

Post a Comment