Saturday, September 7, 2013

Boat Life, Wrong Turns, and Walks in Nature

Ok, so that last post was kinda a clunker, so here's a better update of the past few weeks. A few certain people back home really wanted a good post, and I feel bad for slacking the past couple months, so here ya go! :) Hope you enjoy!

The summer tourist/cruise ship season is winding down. My work schedule is getting less hectic which means for more fun adventures that doesn't involve a boat, although boat life has been pretty fantastic. I've learned a ton over the summer, met a bazillion awesome people, seen things that most people only dream of seeing in their lifetime, and have one hell of an amazing 'office view'. As great as this summer has been, I'm ready for winter.

I'm ready to shred those crystallized raindrops and send pow slashes soaring. The chillax days of winter are getting closer! I'm stoked to get back on my board and explore even more of this awesome Alaskan terrain.

We are nearing our 1 year anniversary of stepping onto Alaskan soil for the first time. September 23rd is when we arrived last fall. Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a year already! I guess time does fly when you're having fun! :) We plan on coming back to TN to visit the first couple weeks in October. A year without seeing friends and family is too long! I miss everyone and can't wait to hang out when we get back, but AK is never getting rid of this girl. Dustin and I have been kidnapped by the beauty of AK! 

Nothing out of the norm has really happened since my last post. We took a Saturday trip to Tracy Arm since we both had the day off. It was amazing. Then a couple days ago I got the chance to work a Tracy Arm trip, so I jumped on that and wow was it worth it. The weather was great and the views were even greater. 

Anyways, here's some eye candy... and keep scrolling because there are a few videos at the end! :)

These pics I've taken while at work...

 
*********
Here's a shot of Winter being lazy as usual :) 
 
*********
We got Winter a new kitty tower! She loves it!

*********
A friend and I went berry picking at Eaglecrest. I've got a blueberry overload now!

*********
Took these next two on our way in from an evening tour.

*********
Dustin and I attempted to hike out to the ice caves, took a wrong turn, and ended up going halfway up Mt. McGinnis. Gotta admit though, the view was worth it!


*********
And my friend Katie and I hiked Mt. Jumbo a few weeks ago. What a hell of a hike, but wow was the view from the top worth it! We also decided to take a quick dip in a snowmelt pond at the top. Cold as sh*t but we couldn't help ourselves!



Now time for some eye candy in motion!

South Sawyer glacier calving when we were out there on a tour a few weekends ago...

South Sawyer Glacier Calving from Jessica Davis on Vimeo.


Orcas that decided to play with the St. Yakov a few days ago :)

Orcas in Stephens Passage from Jessica Davis on Vimeo.


A group of humpback whales diving in North Pass, a small body of water between Lincoln Island and Shelter Island.


Humpback Whales in North Pass AK from Jessica Davis on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment