Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014?!

Woah! Where did time go?! Christmas has passed and today is New Years, so I guess that means I need to update my blog and get the new year started off on the right foot!

2014... 2014?! 
I had to write the date today, and 2014 just seems so weird. Seems like the years go by faster and faster!

Nothing too exciting has happened since my last post. Christmas came and gone. I missed spending time with my family over the holiday. Dustin and I had a nice, quiet Christmas... and New Years Eve. I was in bed by 10! I know I know, it was an 'old lady' move, but I was SO tired from busy days at the mountain and there was no way I could stay up and party and still have a smiling face this morning at work. Speaking of the mountain, we have been super busy with the holiday camps, and Dustin and I both have had full days for the past week and a half. We were lucky to get the afternoon off today since it was rainy and pretty crappy weather at the mountain. The rain didn't bother me much at all today since my new Burton AK pants came in the mail last night! I am SO happy to have good quality, waterproof pants now. No more wet ass from the chairlift! Dustin got new Anon goggles and AK gloves, which he desperately needed. We are finding out that in the snow world, you get what you pay for. Cheap gear has you buying new cheap gear season after season. Buying the higher end, good quality gear has you set on gear for multiple seasons! It may be more expensive up front, but it's definitely a money saver in the long run. 

I've still been on track with my workouts. I've been incorporating the T25 program into my P90X routine and it's so much fun! It's nice to have a bit of a change. P90X is a great program, but the routines can get a bit boring once you've done them multiple times... but they still make you sweat and get the job done! T25 is another Beachbody program, but it's only 25 minutes from start to finish, compared to the average hour long workouts of P90X. My plan is to use the T25 cardio workouts in place of the cardio P90X workouts throughout the rest of this round, then start the T25 program from the beginning and complete a round of that. Yeah, if you haven't noticed, I'm determined to get in shape! 

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and an eventful New Years! Good luck with those resolutions! ;)

Here is a few quick Instagram photos from the past couple weeks...

Powder day

Powder day in the trees

Our drive home is pretty :)

View from the ridge on a low cloud/overcast day

The colors of the sky that morning was magical

No comments:

Post a Comment