Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ski Beech Opening Day!

So I haven't had much time to update the blog lately, so here's how opening day went...

Ski Beech opened on Saturday, Dec 5th with 3 slopes: Lower Shawneehaw, Freestyle, and the Play Yard.

The weather was pretty crappy. Although it was snowing, it was really windy, and ALL the snow guns were on so it made it extremely difficult to see or hear anything other than the guns. It was also extremely foggy. Towards the end of the day, you could barely see your hand infront of your face. Snow conditions were ok... since there was a very thin base, they didn't groom, making it choppy and not very easy on the knees, but the natural snowfall left a couple inches of fluffiness on top to make it a little better :)

Even though the weather sucked, I was still very happy to finally get back on my board.

Teaching lessons in those conditions were pretty much impossible, but I had 2 that day.

Not a very good day to start things off, but at least things have finally started!!

Here are some photos of opening day:

Alex and I


myself on the lift


press to impress



So that pretty much sums up opening day!




No comments:

Post a Comment