Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cross-Country Kitty

Well the decision has been made. We're taking Winter with us. In the car. Across the country.

I'm sure it will be an interesting trip with a cranky kitty beside us, but it's cheaper than flying back to get her, and I don't want to put her through the terror of flying on a plane. She does well with cars, I think. The longest car ride she's ever been on is an hour max. Add about 44 more hours to that and I'm sure it will be a WHOLE other story. I'm getting her some Rescue Remedy (a homeopathic pet calming aid) which will hopefully chill her out on the trip. 

Still no luck on finding a place to live. We'll just have to wait till we get there I suppose. I've heard most of the rental listings are by word of mouth, or locally posted rather than being posted online. The Alaskan Hotel and Bar quoted us $300 a week (including Winter) so we can stay there as long as we need to find a suitable place to live. We really wanna be on Douglas Island, where Eaglecrest is located, but we'll settle for the downtown area if we have to. I'd rather not be in the Auke Bay/Valley area unless we absolutely have to. 

Speaking of Eaglecrest, we are OFFICIALLY employed! So stoked. I can't wait to get up there and experience all that Alaska has to offer! 



Peace&Love
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment