Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Miracles happen!!

Yes, I most certainly believe in miracles. My trip to Nashville to visit my dad was an extremely stressful one. Friday when I got there, he was in pretty bad shape. They said there was nothing else they could do, but were trying some experimental treatments. The docs said he is the only lung transplant patient out of 3,000 to ever have this infection, so they really didn't know how to treat it. Thank goodness for good doctors though!

Saturday, things got worse. They said to prepare for the worst... his organs started failing, they put him on life support, and his body was going into septic shock. They said it was just a matter of time. Thankfully, he made it through the night, and amazingly the next day, Sunday, he was getting better. He was more stable and the doctors were amazed. As of today, the new drug he is taking is killing his 'mold' infection pretty well.

He's got a long road ahead of him, but after this scare, I think he'll be just fine. If he made it through this, he'll make it through anything! Thank you everyone for the support and prayers. They definitely worked and were needed! Please continue to send good vibes our way, for my dad and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment