Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mini Ramps & Fresh Seafood!

Mini ramps are fun, even though I pretty much suck at riding one. All I can really do is just pump back and forth with a revert every couple pumps, occasionally reaching the coping. I'm still not very comfortable trying any tricks on the coping, which will hopefully change soon. After about 10 minutes of constant riding, my legs are burning, which is a good thing! I love skating mini ramps because it's a great leg workout, and it helps get your balance back in tune for snowboarding. We stopped by the skate park today and I had some fun on the mini ramp for about an hour. 

My new skateboard... Winter approves :)

Then we picked up dinner...

Meet Mr. Dungeness 



He was a lively one!

Crab, shrimp, and Alaskan = a good night!

The finished product... Old Bay seasoned crablegs and a spinach salad with shrimp,
cranberries, feta, and almonds. YUM!


Best thing about this meal... it was cheap! Well, way cheaper than getting a meal like this out at a restaurant. One pound of shrimp was $7 and that whole crab was just $12. I guess that's one perk of having so much awesome, fresh, local seafood readily available! We plan on making this meal a twice a week deal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment