Friday, November 16, 2012

Powdery Wonderland

The film premiere we went to last night was epic! Absinthe Films 'Resonance' has successfully made my top 3 favorite snowboard flicks of all time. The parts that really impressed me were Bode Merrill and Nicolas Muller's parts. The whole film was amazing. The music. The riding. Everything! Definitely gonna have to buy this one for the collection. 

Here's a peek at Bode Merrill's part...


Here's Nicolas Muller's full part...




We had a blast after the film with some new friends, too! I know I've used this saying before, but it's too funny not to say it. Last night, we drank some Alaskan, at the Alaskan, with other Alaskans! haha. Yeah I know, it's corny, but just deal with it :) 

We also got some shrimpy friends for our aquarium. Our six black tetras ate our four neon tetras :( Rest in peace, little ones. The four ghost shrimp hold their own though and they seem to be getting along just fine. We plan on adding a couple angel fish in the near future as well. 


Annnnd, I went snowboarding today! 

The snow was SO deep. Seriously, this was the most snow I've ever seen in my life. Not even joking. Even the big dumps we got on Beech doesn't compare to how much snow was up there today. In-freaking-SANE! 

I now know that I need a longer board. My little park set up I'm working with is not very effective in the powder, at least this AK powder! I actually stopped about halfway down, took out my tool, and moved my front binding back quite a bit. It felt weird at first having a more narrow stance, but I guess I'll just have to get used to it! 

The only reason I had my stance so wide anyways was for riding park features. Rails and boxes were much easier with that setup. We won't have too many rails and boxes to play on here, so I better get used to all those awesome natural features! I'm looking forward to getting more experience riding backcountry and natural features. I guess I'm in the right place for that! :)


^ I just gazed at this and imagined the possibilities :)






No comments:

Post a Comment